Tire pressure sensors - Interchangeable???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by itsme4now, Oct 9, 2009.

1. itsme4now

itsme4now New Member

This may be a question thats been beat to death, or maybe its never came up... I done some searching and didn't come up with a clear answer.

Simply put: Can I use the wheel (20") from a 2006 tahoe on my 2009 silverado 1500 and expect the sensors to work? - The tahoe has the bolt on style valve stem, and the 2009 has the rubber looking ones.

2. itsme4now

itsme4now New Member

This may be a question thats been beat to death, or maybe its never came up... I done some searching and didn't come up with a clear answer.

Simply put: Can I use the wheel (20") from a 2006 tahoe on my 2009 silverado 1500 and expect the sensors to work? - The tahoe has the bolt on style valve stem, and the 2009 has the rubber looking ones.

3. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

i dont beleave they are interchangable (different recievers) but call your local dealership and the parts guy will be able to tell you if the numbers cross reference

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sensors must match the vehicles system. Even though they look different they can still be compatible. Unfortunately I don't know of an accessible database that can provide the info you are looking for. Probably best for you to move the OE sensor to the new wheels.