Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Restlessone, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

I have a question about tire pressures. I have a 2007 silverado with P275/55 R20 tires. In the door frame it says to run at 30psi.
    When I picked the truck up (new to me) last week the dealer had filled to 38 psi. I tried lowering to 30 psi but the tires looked low when I did. The tire pressure gauge agrees with the DIC so I'm sure it's accurate.
    Question should I run at 30 psi in spite of the way it looks.:neutral:

2. Tydeone

Tydeone Member

This seems to be very common. My '04 Silverado has 265/75R16 tires with a sidewall rating of 44psi. The door post label says 36psi. When I received my truck they had split the difference and put 40psi in the tires.

Rumor has it that the Firestone fiasco a few years back was actually caused by Ford listing an inflation recommendation that was too low for the tires causing sidewall fatigue and the blow-outs. Somehow Firestone still took the fall.

I would be interested to hear an "expert" from one of the manufacturers explain this discrepency.

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would probably put it back to what ever the dealer had it at. the lowest I would go would be 35 though.

4. Silverbullit

Silverbullit New Member

I would put what ever the tire says to put in it .........The truck does not know what size tire is on it. Thats what I do It just makes since.