1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Pressures

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Spike, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Spike

Spike Rockstar

Hey, I have a 1997 Yukon GT, with the 350 V8. It does not have the door sticker for tire pressure (OEM). Can someone who has a similar truck look at there sticker and tell me what the pressures say. The tire size is 265 75 16. Thanks
  2. lalo56

lalo56 Rockstar 100 Posts

Dont you have the recommended tire pressure on the tire itself?
  3. Spike

Spike Rockstar

That just tells me the max. rating for the tire.
  4. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

If no one else chimes in with a truck more similar than mine I would start with 35 psi.

My curb weight is 6000 lbs.
  5. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

I'm no expert but I have a 97 Sierra with a 350 V8 and the same size tire load range E. I keep mine at 45 on the front and 50 on the back. I tried 40 all around and didnt like the feel of the ride, felt like every bump was transmitted through the cab of the truck
  6. mike54

mike54 New Member

are they P or LT tires? there should be tire pressures on the tires that is what I go by never the door sticker because what is on the door is for P rated tires and I have LT tires on the truck
  7. h0serdude

h0serdude Member

I run 45 front and back when towing my 24' trailer (4500 lbs). Both axles have a weight of 3250 when fully loaded so it's 50/50 weight distribution. I checked the Toyo recommended pressure table for that weight and it recommended 43psi so I put in a little bit more for leeway.

Before I got the trailer I ran about 37psi in all four tires. They are the same size you are asking about. 265/75/16
  8. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have 37PSI in my Suburban front & rear & add more when adding weight. I saw an article about using chalk because all vehicles are different due to owner. Put a stripe of chalk across each tire in a few spots and roll in a straight line for 100 feet or so & check how the stripe wear off, if wear is even, you have correct PSI. Set all tires at a different PSI & keep the one that looks best.