Tire question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by peanutbunkerandjelly, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Ok i have a 2005 1500 z71 seirra. Im going to need tires soon whats are there are the stock bridgestone dueler a/t P265/70/R17 they held up well 40K but id like to get something with alittle more rubber and maybe a more aggressive tred but at the same time I dont want to kill my gas mileage. anyone recommend aything? Id like something pretty hard so they last. pics of tirers on trucks are cool too if you have em.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:to the site and Happy Thanksgiving.....I had on a set of Toyo Open Country's on my truck a few year's back,and I was Very pleased with them and I got 42K miles out of them.I now have a set on my son's truck and he's really like's them.They are a nice riding tire,they are very good in wet road Condition's.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-at

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'll toss in a vote for the Wrangler MT/R's Kevlar. Aggressive (noisy) tread. Bulletproof so far. No flats yet! I punish my tires off-road. So if you're mostly on the pavement you might want something less aggressive.

4. yea, im mostly on road but would like something for when om out hunting offroad. what I have on there now preformed finee offroad just want some more rubber around those wheels wish I didnt have 17's If anyone has some 15 ill trade for them!