1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Rack ripped me off!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 09Z71, Jul 6, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

i recently wanted to get some summer tires for my truck to save the wear on my beefy Duelers, so i decided to get some 22" chrome rims wrapped with Pirelli Scorpion tires for the summer. Tire Rack was having a RIDICULOUSLY GOOD sale. rims were $99 a piece and tires added up to $780 for a set. in total the entire price with shipping, TPMS sensors and a free mount and balance added up to $1340. GREAT!! ordered them, and then i wait. and wait. and wait. and wait.................aaannnd wait. soon 6 months have passed (this was a long time ago) so i email a sales person. i asked him why I haven't received my rims yet. he asked what the model and brand were, and then he said that they have been out of stock for 9 months. so i asked him to refund my money. he did. then he said that they have the same rims, in a different, lighter and better built metal component for $179 a piece. so i decided i would order them, but still not liking the price difference. so i emailed him back saying i would order them. i haven't received an email back yet (got my last email from him on June 10th), and then i see my bill last month. still has "TIRE RACK-22 INCH RIMS TIRES ---------- $1340.86" i emailed every possible person i could find on Tire Rack, i even phoned, and they left me on hold 3 times for 2 hours.

so now i am stuck having to deal with Mastercard to get this off my bill, and Tire Rack will not contact me. don't buy from Tire Rack is the moral.
  2. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

never order over the phone or internet if you cant go down &
    speak to someone ( kick their ass ) in person !

order online & pick up in store on any large oversized or HIGH value items !!

i wouldnt have waited 6 months...
    why didnt you pick up the phone and ask for a tracking number on shipment
    at about oh, 3 weeks ???!!!?? :neutral::no: :sign0017: :neutral:
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what trapperdon said!
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sorry to hear about your plight... I've never dealt with Tire Rack, but I've never had problems with Discount Tire Direct. That's where I've gotten all my afatermarket wheels from...
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I X3 that. I will not buy most things Online.
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X4!!!! Keep us posted on how this turns out! I will tell everyone I know about this! I hope everything works out ASAP!!!!!
  7. s-10 convert.

s-10 convert. New Member

I have been looking at their website for tires.After your experience I'm not going to purchase from them.You might want to contact the BBB in your area and report this to them.It seems they were out of your rims months before their sale on them,yet they sold them and billed you for them.Sounds like either misrepresentation on their part or outright fraud.You may also want to file a report with the local police and seek (free) legal advise.
  8. Bruce@tirerack.com

Bruce@tirerack.com New Member

Hey 09Z71, Contact me at bruce@tirerack.com with your order info so we can get to the bottom of your issue..

Thanks, Bruce
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

To bad you couldnt get anything done until you posted your problem on the BIGGEST and BEST GM site. Shouldnt have to come to this. Listening TireRack?
  10. Bruce@tirerack.com

Bruce@tirerack.com New Member

I hear you and agree it shouldn't have come to this.. By checking out the series of events that led to the problems we can hopefully prevent it in the future.