Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire recommendations?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by JZumi, May 30, 2010.

1. JZumi

JZumi New Member

Do you have any strong recommendations for tires for my 99 Suburban 4x4? I use it mainly on road but I am starting to take it on more muddy and gnarly off road trails. The current Firestone M/S tires are lousy in mud or snow.

Thanks in advance!
    John

2. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

BFG A/T KO's
    Best all terrain tire there is.

I was considering others like Toyo, Goodyear, Nitto, etc.
    I am so glad I went with the BFG.
    Smooth highway ride and great snow, dirt, offroad performance.

3. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

i use brigestone dulers on my jeep grnd cherokee nice and quite and great traction in all stuff

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I run the Goodyear wrangler silent armors and love them, great snow and off road traction imo the best all terrain on the market

5. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

I have had good luck witht he Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos Load Range "D"

6. bigdogdaddy

bigdogdaddy New Member

I'm biased...(I work at a Firestone store) BFG's are nice, but they take a LOT of weight to balance on some rims. Dueler A/T's and Dueler A/T Revo's are great tires, but EXPENSIVE. I personally like the Destination A/T. They give you a little bit of that truck(y) roar but it is very light and quiet.These tires have GREAT on and off road performance.

7. X-Hibition

X-Hibition Rockstar 100 Posts

BFG All Terrain KO (E rated for my 3/4 ton) that I just got at Costco and put on my 17" H2 wheels (not much weight at all to balance). I bought five for a full size spare.

Just back from Wyoming/Montana/Idaho driving on Interstate, county roads, trails with snow, mud, and heavy, wet clay. Never got stuck, didn't even come close.

Yes, people do go off-road in Suburbans. And I like these tires. Second time I've used them.