1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire/Ride Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Z-71, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi,I have a quick question for everyone on here.First off the tires I'm running now are my new winter tires (Cooper M+S P265/75/16).The truck rides a little rough but not to bad with the torsion bars cranked to near level and my Rancho RS9000XL shocks set to soft.
    Now the tires I want for spring(Dick Cepeck FC/2 LT265/75/16 Load range E)...How much do you guys think these tires will affect my ride?Will it be too rough?We do have bad roads here in my part of Michigan.Thanks for any input
  2. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

if they are the same ply tire running the same psi i dont see there bein much diff in the ride ... the one thing i have found is that all terrains ride ten time better than mud terrains... thats all i got lol
  3. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well it looks like load range E means 10 ply and my current tires are passenger tires.The FC/II's only come in Load range E in that size tire.The other tires I considered were BFG All Terrains but they also only come in Load rang E for my size.Anyone running any Load range E tires on a 1500?If so what psi do you run and is it a rough ride?