1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire/Rim Help for New Lift

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tater6321, May 21, 2012.

1. tater6321

tater6321 New Member

Alight guys need some help. I am currently running DC mud country 33s with stock 17" rims on my '05 1500 Z71 w/ front end leveled (via torsion bars/no trimming required & minor occasional rubbing during full sharp turns). I have decided to upgrade w/ a 4" Rancho lift along w/ some new trail grapplers and 18" rockstar wheels (18x9 w/ 0 offset).

Question #1-What is the biggest tire I could run w/ this setup ? (I know 35s easily but wasn't for sure on 37s or not).

Question #2- W/ the rim size & offset, would this setup cause my tires to stick outside the fender flares? Not going for the wide, knobby look and wanting to stay near flush to the flares.

Thanks for all the post/advice! Take care & God bless.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry for the delay, I just caught this post.

With stock offset (not sure what that is though), my 35's barely fit. I don't think, nor have I heard of anyone fitting 37s with solely a Rancho 4" lift.

For your second question, you would also have to take into consideration your tire width before you know exactly how far they will stick out.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

35's will be a tight fit im running 35's on my 8"lift and im clearing them now. 37's you will need atleast a 6"lift with a 3" body. if your looking for the stock look you will want to go with 33 for no trimming and a 35 will be tight also you will want a +10 offset which will put the rim inside more i had a 0 offset and it stuck the rim out about 1" on 32x11
  4. SierraBomber

SierraBomber New Member

So to hop on the bandwaggon with the rims and tires question concerning the Rancho 4" lift, I am looking at the ATX Artillery in an 18x9. They have 4.53 inch backspacing with a -12 offset. I was thinking of running a Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.50 but I am thinking that will be too much. Just to size down a tad and go a little narrower I am now considering that tire in a 295/70/R18. That comes out to a 34.57x11.73. My question is will this set up fit? And will I need to do a lot of trimming to clear? Or am I better off sticking to my stock 18" rims? Anything you guys can add would be awesome. Thanks.
  5. Burden33

you will rub with that setip since the rim is pushed out but trimming might only be minor im not a 100% sure on that since im running a 8" lift with 35's but you should be able to clear 33x12.50 with that rim setup. here is a link to another forum im on they might have the answere in this thread for you. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190750
  6. SierraBomber

SierraBomber New Member

Thanks a lot Burden.
  7. Burden33

No problem