1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire rim Q

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by craigman45, Mar 29, 2014.

1. craigman45

craigman45 Member

I have 97 suburban with 265/75/16s when I look at the track width it looks like I could go with a little wider rims with the same tires.not sure how wide the stock rims are. could I go with a wider rim with those same tires and get a more beefy look? do I need different offset,or just wider? could I go 9 inches wide or 8,or 10 ?dont know please give me some input thanx sorry just noticed there is a whole section of tire rim help.newbie at this site
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  2. paracutin

paracutin New Member

My '03 has 16"x6.5" wheels. The stock tire size was 245/75/16. I was told I could go to 265/75/16 without any problems but 285s should be mounted on a 7.5" wheel and have more offset or they would rub at full lock.