Tire Size for Rough Country 3.5 Lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bamamike007, Dec 15, 2013.

1. bamamike007

bamamike007 New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2008 Crew Cab 4x4 Silverado. My Rough Country 3.5" Lift just arrived and all I need now is tires. I know I'm going with the Nitto Trail Grapplers. I'm also going to have to keep my current 17" wheels due to lack of money. I'm either going with the 295/70R17 or 305/70R17. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on which one to go with? I want it to still have the lifted look, but I also want the tire to fill the wheel well. Any advice is helpful. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

With those two sizes I would look at what is cheaper on you. Both of those are within 1/2 inch of each other in height. Although the 305 is slightly wider than the 295. That lift will clear both of those tires without issues minus the sway bar rubbing at full turn. But for those certain times where you have the truck in a bind I would go ahead and zip tie the front of the inner front fender back. It makes it rounded so you have zero problems. I will take a few photos to show you if you need it. Very easy to do though.

Those two tires should both fill the fenders fine. I would just choose the cheaper one.

3. bamamike007

bamamike007 New Member

Yeah if it's not too much trouble I'd like to see what you're talking about with the zip ties. Also do you think I could go any bigger with tires? Or would the 295 be the biggest you'd go?