Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire size help please!! 1999 Chevy 1500 Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Brad Wissinger, Aug 7, 2012.

1. So I've got a general question for the group. I've got a 1999 1/2 1500 Z71 with the larger torsion keys (leveling kit) and I'm looking to put bigger tires on it. Currently I've got the stock 16 inch rims with 265/75R16 and I'm looking at going up to 33's (295's) but I don't know if they'll fit. I've been looking around online but I can't seem to find anything about it. I don't want to do suspension or body lift at this time, just looking for newer, bigger tires. Any help would be great. Thanks!!
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

285/75/16 is a narrower 33 and it will fit with no problems at all. My brother has them on his truck (same as yours and mine) unless yours is an Old Body Style. 295 is only 10mm wider so I think they should fit with no problems.
  3. rileyjr16

5T55Fc5U43Gb3Kf3H4c7j6eb0dbe6b4e910ec.jpg

This is my brother's truck (which is for sale BTW) with the 285s and Hummer wheels.
  4. paracutin

paracutin Member 100 Posts

You need to think about height too. If you do any off roading where you are flexing the suspension a ton you could end up hitting the plastic fender liner or worse, the inside of the fender.
  5. You guys rock!!

You guys are awesome! I appreciate all the inputs. Currently, my off-reading is limited (at least until I lift it and everything) but that is great news that they will fit. Looks like I'm getting new tires next week!!
  6. rileyjr16

Cool deal when you get them be sure to put up some pictures of them.
  7. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

thats a nice truck lol ive never seen the hummer rims on a chevy... they look better on that than they do on jeeps.
  8. rileyjr16

$2499 and its yours haha. I'll be sad to see that beast go if he sells it.
  9. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

lol i aint that rich... i think i could do $24.99 though :D
  10. rileyjr16

Ship I can get it for you for free if you want. I got a spare key and some spare time