tire size help?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by escott76, Jan 11, 2009.

1. escott76

escott76 New Member

i have a 99 C2500 Lt suburban with a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift and right now i am running 36x14.50x16.5 mt baja belted tires and was wondering if any body knows how much bigger i could go? do you think i could run 38's? it seems like there is plenty of room

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would think so,but 37's with room to "bounce around" :neutral:

3. escott76

escott76 New Member

yeah but i was going to go with 38" ground hawgs they are not quite as big as most other 38's

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think that 37's are about as big as you would want to go. 38's might be a bit tight in there. GM doesn't really use the biggest wheel wells out there.

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Have you got the "stock" gears? If you go with the 38's I'd bet your performance will suffer.

6. escott76

escott76 New Member

no, the gears were changed when lift was done, plus it takes alot to slow down that 454 vortec big block underneath the hood . lock her in and let her eat!!!!!!

7. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Rockstar 100 Posts

could u ask the tire shop people to try & mount the 38"'s on the front, see if u have the clearance or not!

8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you ever wheel it? your CV shafts and joints will be crying in your front end when you go that big of a tire aspecially if you put the stresses of offroading on it. Have you thought of a solid axle swap up front? However, I think a 38 can fit in there for sure. Oh and I would not recommend the ground hawgs. I have not heard very good things about them. anyway Nice burban!!

9. escott76

escott76 New Member

thanks man, and yeah im slowly putting a swap together and dropping some super low gears in and adding quite a bit more lift and running 44s. but since there is alot of money involved im doing it slowly. there are no lift laws were i live. we got guys around here running 53s on street trucks

10. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

wow 53's on the road that must be fun :lol::lol::lol: im guessing they are Michelin XL's or somethin? what kind of 44's are you lookin to get?