1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire size on '01 duallie

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by andrewh, Jan 17, 2010.

1. andrewh

andrewh New Member

I was wondering if anyone here had experimented with taller tires on the back of the 2001 duallies. I have a 8.1l truck and was hoping to get some taller tires for it. I do some towing with it so I'm not interested in lift kits and 60 inch tires, just something to fill the wheel wells a little better. It currently has 251 85 16's on it and they look small. Any Ideas? Thanks -Andrew
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

I run 235/85r16's on mine and I thought they looked huge compared to everyone else's dually I see. I hate little tires on big trucks so I'm always checking them out. I'll get some numbers while I'm out looking around.
  3. andrewh

andrewh New Member

I just read here thet your '97 may have different offset wheels than mine. It looks like 235 85 16 it the next metric size common.
  4. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

The stock wheels that come on the big truck KILL me!!! I was driving my moms 02 2500 durmax for a few days and couldn't believe how crappy they were on top of they fact they look like little weenie tires so I took it to our local auto guy and got nice new beefed up ones.

Long story short she admits they look a ton better but she swear she gets worse mileage when she's pulling her 5th wheel horse trailer. I say the look is worth the change in mileage.

Good luch with the tire hunt, I'm sure your truck will look great with some new rubber and make the 8.1L even more of a beast than she already is!