1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire size on an 03 silverado with a leveling kit and 15 inch rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Chevy350, Mar 15, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

I was wondering how big of a tire would fit on a 15 inch rim with a leveling kit on my 03 silverado?
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A 15in' Rim will not fit on a 03' Silverado....Due to the front Brake Caliber's,there is Not enough Clearance,IIRC....the smallest rim you could go with is a 17'in Rim.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Thanks guys... When we bought the truck brand new it came with 15" rims and i still have those on there... im just looking for 15" rims cuz theyre cheap and tires are cheaper
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've Never seen 15in's Rims on a 2003 Silverado????....:neutral:.......If you could,Would you post some pics please....I'm not doubting you,if you said you have them,I believe you....:glasses:
  6. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

[​IMG]
    This is the closest picture i have on me, im up at school and the truck is at home... i know for a fact that they are 15's tho
  7. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

Up until 04, the silverados came with 16s stock. In 05 and up the caliper and rotor increased in size i beleive so im a little confused on how they got 15s on but hey theres a first for everything.
  8. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member 100 Posts

Do you realize this post is from a year ago and the member that asked the question has been inactive for a year?