1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire size on an 09

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 22, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

This has probably been asked before but what are the biggest tires i can fit on my stock 2500HD 4x4 without rubbing and without spacers/lift/etc? I do no have the z71 package but i do have the snow plow prep package with the skid plates and what not. i'm very impressed with the truck just a little disapointed at how small the tires are stock
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

on a 2500 4x4 you can clear 33x12.50's with no problem
  4. NoelZ71

NoelZ71 Member

Most of the time on those trucks when you go to a size like that they rubb on the back side of the inner fender straight behind the tire when you turn
  5. nickgiacalone

i have the stock 16" wheels. i was thinking about buying a set of 17's but im not sure how much money i have to play around with
  6. Pete95Sierra

I would go with a 285/75R16 (33/11.5) or a 305/70R16 (33/12)
  7. nickgiacalone

you think the 305/70R16 would fit with no modifications to the truck? if so, i'm sold on a set of 305's.
  8. Pete95Sierra

you should be able to get away with using the stock rims and the 305's since you have a 2500 4x4. however, they are most likely going to rub a little bit if you dont mind cutting a little plastic. If you have a good deal on them get them and i recommend you just throw a leveling kit in there and it will help some with the rubbing and will look perfect
  9. nickgiacalone

i love the look of the levelling kits, hell i'd lift my truck a couple inches but my concern is the leveling kit voiding my warranty? if so, i'd rather get something just to fit until my warranty is up and then start really modding the truck
  10. Pete95Sierra

I may be wrong but i dont think the leveling kits void the warranty. I would make a call to the dealer just to make sure.