1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Size question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WFD205, Jan 7, 2008.

1. WFD205

WFD205 New Member

Hey there

I recently purchased my first truck. A 2004 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Z71. I belive the tires on it now are 265/60r/17...or somewheres close to that :)

I was just wondering what the biggest size tire I could put on this truck without any mods, and without any problems, except for the expected speedo issue.

Thanks for your help!
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You could probly get some 285/70/17's on there with minor trimming or a couple turns on torsion bars.
  4. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

I have 285/75'/16's on my 00 Seirra I think the 285/70's are pretty much the same size diameter wise and I have no lift mods at present.
  5. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

You're forgetting that you've got 16-wheels and the 2004 has 17-inchers.
  6. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

Attached Files:

7. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

i have an 06 sierra with 285/70/17's with a 3 inch lift and they still have minor rubbing in reverse at full turn, nothing serious, the gmc bumper is fatter than a chevy so with gmc's it will rub if its stock, i think the chevy's can pull it off with no lift but not the gmc
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

goin with final day and sayin you should be able to fit a 285/70/17 no problem