Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire size question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by thekingsphance, Nov 10, 2008.

1. thekingsphance

thekingsphance Rockstar

Hello to all... I'm looking to buy some wheels and tires from tirerack.com but I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to wheels and tires. I want to get a 16 inch rim and they list the recommended tire size for them as a 245/75R16. I want to get bigger tires though, up to 285/75R16...can I run that size tire on a 16 inch rim? and will I run into issues with the tires rubbing during hard turns. I don't have a lift kit or anything and my truck is a 2001 silverado. Thanks a bunch for any inputs.
  2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I run 285/75/16's on my 4x4 Suburban. I have a lift on it, but I put the tires on a while before I put the lift on and I never had any rubbing issues. I don't know if you truck is 4x4 or not, so I can't tell you for sure if it would rub or not.
  3. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

depending on what tires you get, might have to crank the torsion bars up a little, some people have no problems fitting 285s and others(like me) would need to crank the torsion bars and trim some plastic lol, but my truck is also alot older, go into a tire place and say you want to test fit a 285 on your stock rims, assuming they are 16s it will give you an idea of where your going to sit
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a 285 is the bigest id go on a stock truck. i think they will be fine especially if its a 4x4
  5. sydneysky84

sydneysky84 New Member

x2 [​IMG]