1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Size Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tazss, Apr 2, 2012.

1. tazss

tazss New Member

I have a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE extended cab 4x4 that I am putting a Tough Country 2" leveling kit on and I need some assistance with tire/wheels. I am considering sticking with 18s or might go with 20s. I want to put the biggest tire I can without a rubbing issue.

Any suggestions?
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club man. Don't know about the tires but I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that do. Welcome aboard. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Tire size and rim diameter are two different things. Regardless if you have 18" or 20" rims, it is the overall diameter (or height) of your tires in conjunction with your tire width is what you need to consider. For me, I had a 2 1/4" leveling kit and the tire size I was running was 285/70/17 or about 33s, and although it was close, I did not have rubbing issues. Below is a tire size calculator that should come in handy as your are trying to make a decision.

I hope that helps!

...and welcome to the Club!!

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?action=submit
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

***Thread Moved to Wheel-n-Tire Section***
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You're quick; I was wondering what happened :glasses: