1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Size Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Steamer, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Steamer

Steamer New Member

I have a 2005 Z71 4X4 with 265/75R15 tires. I have had great wear and tear on the tires, 178,000 miles and only 1 tire change. My issue is at this tire size there is a very small section of tires and tread types available. I used an online tire calculator and it seems tires sized at 31/10.50X15 are just slightly larger and wider then the original. No more then a 1/4" either way.

Has anyone put this size tire on the stock rims and had any issues or is it a good fit?

Thanks for the help.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

I haven't seen 15 inch rims in a long time, 16 was the standard for a while. I checked TireRack.com for the size you have and only 8 results came up, which is low.

On the other size I think you are missing a number at the beginning. It looks like there were 2 options from GM for your truck from the factory:

245/75R16 or 265/70R17. There are allot more options at those sizes. Could you take a picture of the tire/rim so we can see the numbers on the tire?
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

The 31s are smaller height wise than the 265/75s. The 265/75s measure up at about 1/4 inch under 32 inches at 35PSI....at least thats what my Coursers come in at.
  4. hothardincoguy

hothardincoguy New Member

Hello. I just put 31 x 10.50's on my 05 Z71 yesterday. I assure you they will fit on the stock rims with no issues what-so-ever. They look a lil larger/taller than the stock 265/75's. Hope this helps!
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

15 inch rim on a 2005 Z71 Colorado/Canyon doesn't seem right, did you buy this new? Or used and somebody put a different rim on it?