1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 06piney, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 06piney

06piney Rockstar 100 Posts

really dumb question for you guys.

what is the biggest size tire that will fit on an 06 silverado with no lift or leveling kit?

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on stock rims, a 285/75R16

3. I t looks like you have a 1500 4x4, the biggest tire would be a 285/75 but you would have some serious issues w/ rubbing. Prbably a 265/75 would be your safe bet

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When changing to bigger tires what is the best way to recalibrate the speedometer?

Thanks, Jim

5. I believe you can take it to your locl dealer and have it changed or by getting a tune box (superchips, hypertech) etc

6. Pete95Sierra

look online for speed calibrators. you will need a new speedo gear I believe

7. 06piney

I got another question for you guys.
    Ive been looking into leveling kits, and maybe some new wheels when i get the money together for it.
    How much is a decent front end leveling kit for an 06 silverado 1500 W/T and how much bigger will it allow me to go with oversized tires without having rubbing problems?

8. Pete95Sierra

you will probably be looking to spend about 150-200 on the leveling kit (although rough country may have one cheaper). and I would stay with the 285/75R16 (its a 33/11.5)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  9. 06piney

thanks alot man, once i get the manoey together, and when i need new tires, im gonna put new wheels and tires on with the leveling kit.

10. Just make sure that a 285/75 won't rub, I have a leveled out 04 3500 silverado single rear wheel truck and my 285/75's rub and my truck sits much higher then a 2" leveled 1500. Just a heads up, hate to see you get burned