Tire Size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BeasleyAU, Oct 26, 2009.

1. BeasleyAU

BeasleyAU New Member

I have a 2008 2500HD Z71 4x4 crew cab. I want to put bigger tires than the 265/70R17 that came stock on thr truck. I also want to tighten the tortion bars in order to level out the truck. If i do that what size tires will be able to fit and not have a rubbing problem? The shop said that 305/65R17's will fit and not rub but a friend of mine has a 2006 2500HD and he had to tighten his ortion bars up all the way to where the front is higher than the rear and says they still rub in tight turns in rough terrain. I want to level out the truck and put the max size tire on it that i can with out having that problem. If anyone has any info please let me know. I dont wan to go spend alot of money on tires and tightening up my tortion bars and have the tires rub because they are to big. Thanks!

2. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts

i wouldnt tighten your torsion bars anymore than they are now. It can make for a very harsh ride. I would get the leveling keys. Here are a few name brands you could get them from: Readylift, Rough country, tough country etc. It should level out your truck without effecting the ride as much. Tire size you should be able to put some 295/70/17's.