1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire size

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, Sep 24, 2011.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

Hey guys,
    i am getting new tries within the next week and whatever brand they are my aim is for 33X12.5 (305/70R16).
    I have a leveling kit in the front and a 3 inch fabtech spindle lift. I have been running 275/60R20 wrangler silent armors for about 3 years now and only rubbed on the left side (due to the GM lean!!!) until the 3 inch lift.
    My wheels will have a 0 offset.
    im just wondering ( but will obviously find out soon) if i will have any rubbing issues with this size.
    thanks
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey man you will not have any trouble clearing the 33 12.50's with 3 inch lift.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Just curious, why are you going from a 20" to a 16"?
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

well i got my 20's my senior year in high school and theyre awesome and all but tires for them are expensive as hell and i think ive had my time with them. Due to the driving i actually did i find that im safer with some extra rubber because ive already bent 2 of them over 3 years and gotten replacements due to curbs :( and i think i would stay with 20's if i went to at least a 35" tire. just because you would have the nice look and some extra rubber too. 20's on 33's just isnt enough rubber for me especially last night playin in the sand im spinning up past my rim (and that was me not getting stuck). and dont get me wrong i dont get to off road too much but when i do id like to know im not scuffing up my rims while doing it.other than that i do like the look of them but having only 6.5 inches of rubber and goin off road doesnt match up to well.. if i had the $$$ i think my favorite size would be 17" or 18" rim with 33's but bein a junior in college and having to manage money somewhat i think the 16's are the best bet for me :) and ive already got my 16X8 pro comp 7089's ordered so im hopin the total package will look real nice
    hopefully that defines my rationale for you...
  5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Thats a perfectly rational reason to change rims. Its always good to just ask if your curious.