1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Sizes

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BlackedOut010, Apr 18, 2011.

1. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

OK, my truck comes stock with 18s. The leveling kit says it will allow a 285/70 tire. if i were to put 20s on it, would i use a 285/70 20? or is there some sort of size difference because of the new wheel size?
  2. SSTOM

SSTOM New Member

The 285/70 is for the 18. I just put a TGC 2.5" kit on the front and 1" block in the rear sits level and went with a 20x9 wheel with 5.5" backspacing and a +12mm offset with a 275/60/20 witch is a 33" tall tire and have no rubbing anywhere. Hope this helps Tom
  3. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

Sounds like a good looking truck SSTOM. you have any pictures of it just to get an idea?
  4. SSTOM

SSTOM New Member

I cant figure out how to post them not good at it but I could e mail you some just need a adress to send them to. Tom
  5. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

i sent you a pm with my email address. and one more question. the wheels im looking at, which are the KMC Hoss, only come in -12, +18, and +30. whats the difference and would any of those work?