1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire Suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Muddflap, Feb 20, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Muddflap

Muddflap Member

Hey everyone. I have a question and value all your opinions. I'm getting new shoes for my 2006 Trailblazer. I narrowed it down to a few tires. Everyone in my neighborhood are all about BFG. After extensive research I like GY Wrangler Silent Armors, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's,Gy Wrangler Dura Trac,BFG A/T. In that order. GY & Bridgestone have warranties and the road hazard pkg. I live in NJ, but we do do some off roading in the pine barrens and there is rain and snow..etc. I have read the tire survey's from tire rack and other forums and with the trailblazer people love the first two I mentioned. My eye is on the Wrangler Silent Armors.. Let me know what everyone thinks please.

2. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

i use bridge stone dualers on my jeep like them alot , on the trail blazer i have the BFG RUGGED TRAIL T\A IT IS WHAT IT CAME WITH NEW AND I WAS HAPPY WITH THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i run the silent armors on my silverado and love them lots of our customers at our shop run silent armors on there Trail blazers and have never been happier great all terrain tire, the duratrac is a awesome tire great traction but no warranty, its in the middle of the MT/R and the silent armor, never been a fan of bridgestone/firestone just d''nt seem to clear out to well

4. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the Duratrac's and so far so good...Made in USA! Also a good choice is Cooper.

5. eddennis

eddennis New Member

If it ain't Michelin, it ain't a tire. Look at the reviews on Tire Rack, etc. Everyone is bragging about the great decision they just made. You don't see anything after 50,000 miles. My experience (62+) years is that you can count on Michelin 100% of the time for 60,000+ miles. Yeah, you will spend a little more, but on a per year basis and per mile basis they make the cheapest tire you can buy.

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the GY DuraTrac's and I love them!! I have had them in the sand, clay, mud and dirt roads and they are great. I am ready for this winter to see how they do. The road noise at 65mph+ is low and the tread wear seems to be good. I have 10k on them now and they look brand new. Also check out the Kelly TSR's with are realy close to the DuraTrac's but cost about $55 less a tire. Good luck with your decision.

7. 04-silverado

04-silverado Rockstar 100 Posts

FWIW: I went with a street tire... the General Grabber HTS (highest Consumer Reports rating)... I bought mine online, and had a local shop to mount & balance 'em for me... then sold my older ("knobby & noisy") tires on craigslist. Final price I paid (considering the 4 tires sold) was well less than half what SEARS was asking.

...just my 2cents