Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire suggestions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Muddflap, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Muddflap

Muddflap Member

I have a 2006 TB 4x4. I have many things to do to this truck one of them right now are tires. I want an A/T tire. I went to Tire rack .com and other forums to check out what reviews would be on the tires. I like four tires and cant make up my mind #1 GY Wrangler Dura Trac's the only thing I'm not sure about is the size availability my tire is 245/65R17 the only size i can get is 245/70R17 will this be a problem? #2 GY Wrangler Silent Armor but I saw a couple reviews with the same problem which is if these tires sit for a couple of days they get a wobble til warmed up.#3 BFG A/T #4 Bridgestone Revo's.. Personally I really like The first two I mentioned. The Dura Trac is a bad mofo lookin tire though. I drive four days a week about 30 miles total and I do some off-roading but carefull right now until all mods are done which will take a lot of time I'm poor..Any help would be greatly appreciated. I keep going back and forth.ahhh:eek:ut:

2. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I loved my Revo's on & offroad, I always stayed away from Good year but have not used in 10+ years. Always had good luck with BFG A/T but the Revos handle better on dry pavement. Using Hankook A/t now & love them.

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have heard excellent things about the BfGoodrich all-terrains. They are quiet, excellent performing in many off-road conditions, last long, and have good road manners. If I was to llift my truck they would be my first choice.

4. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

I would have to say the BFG a/t i do say that they area great tire for everything great value and all that anyone in my family will buy... except i just get the m/t, i like bfg way better than good year though

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I run the silent armors and never had a problem only bad thing i could find is when its extremely cold the tire freezes and makes a light thumping sound for a couple min, never heard of the wobble tho and i work for a goodyear dealer and seen many sets come through

the duratrac is one bad ass tire, the silent armor will give you better ice traction but the duratrac will give you better dirt and snow traction either way i vote for goodyear but im a little bias