1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire time

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by nikkeshelton, Oct 26, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Went to Costco and bought a new set of tires, got approx. 35,000 off the Goodyears. $970.00 with $70.00 off coupon. Tires have gotten expensive!!:grrrrrr:
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow that is expensive. I havent looked at tires for about a year but I know they werent that high last time I checked.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

just bought 3 pairs for our household, but none for our newer Crew. Yep, tires are expensive.For example, a set of 4 Chinese Knock-Off for our 20 year old winter beater were $ 390 installed for 14". A set of 15's pushes the price up to 520 almost. In Canada, it is about 5 or 7 $ a tire now
    for a Tire Stewardship Program(covers the cost of disposal/recycling) and dealers are not allowed to waive the fee at all !!!!
    Brian from Ontario Canada.:glasses:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The high cost of oil and the fact that our currency is worth less than it used to be (thanks to the current administration authorizing the printing of more money) have a lot to do with the prices...
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yep, I just put a set of Michelin on my yukon xl for the sum of $945. I told them that I was waiting for the $75 rebate to come. So, they did that discount while I was at the store to make the sale. So, original price was $975, after an alignment and the discount I paid $949.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

moved to wheels and tires.
  7. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

I just put on a new set as well. Toyo Open Country M/T's 33x12.5R22 they were $1900 for the set and $100 for mount and balance.... talk about expensive. Granted they are only one of two companies that make a 33" off road tire for a 22" rim so naturally they were more expensive than most other 33s.
  8. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought a set of used, but just installed BFG All terrains from the junk yard for $80.00. I brought them home, cleaned them up and flipped them on Craigslist for $500.00. I was all set to go get a new set of meats for my truck when my buddy at the yard called me because they had fired him for selling them for so little. I had to do the right thing, so I went to the junk yard owner and he agreed to hire my buddy back if I would pay the difference of $400.00. I gave him the $320. My buddy got his job back and my tire fund got deflated instantly...

Sometimes I HATE having a conscience!