1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire wear

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by reggiecab2000, Jul 12, 2011.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

Hey guys,
    Im planning on getting new tires by the end of next week and i need some critical help...
    My current tires wore horribly in the front obviously from a bad alignment, and my truck had been aligned probably about 3 times over the life of them but never seemed to really stay aligned i guess...
    I would like to fix everything and anything that can contribute to the front end and affect tire wear and how the vehicle rides also...
    Is there anything you recommend so i can get the maximum lifetime out of a new set of tires???

tie rods?
    control arm bushings?
    cam bolt kit?

let me know if any of that would even help.... or anything else that would be a good investment
    please suggestions are much appreciated thanks :)
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Inner and outer tie rod ends, upper and lower balljoints, idler arm, if worn will affect tire wear and alignment.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

my shocks should be good though, the inside scoop is i totaled this truck, bent the frame, (due to the ABS sensor recall that was on my truck, but i didnt find out about the recall till wayy after!) in 2007 and i had it rebuilt to full specs by my uncle who is a certified mechanic and it was back to normal shape. well everything was perfect about it still and then i decided to put the leveling kit on and about a year later the 3" fabtech spindle lift kit. Once we put the new spindles in we noticed my truck wasnt sitting level... we took the spindles back off, measured, measured, and measured. nothing was different between the 2, just all of a sudden my truck leaned a little to the left, it came with new shocks all around as well and blocks for the rear. so we measured parts for the rest of the weekend and never found a difference in any part, other than the distance between the left and right front fender well and the ground with was about one whole inch different, after all was done we took it to get aligned but they wouldnt align it due to it sitting unlevel. i dont remember much after that just more measuring and never figuring it out but i do know it got aligned eventually and was realigned once or twice in the few years to come but would never stay aligned i always still had tire pull even right after an alignment... still to this day I notice that it does not sit level...
    im sure that contributes to the tire wear as well... still open for suggestions
    and thanks for your help guys! :)