Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tire/wheel size

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mattwis139, Jan 15, 2013.

1. mattwis139

mattwis139 New Member

i have a 2008 1500 ltz with a 2" leveling kit in front and airbags in the rear. it came with 20" wheels and 275/55-20 tires. I wanna put 18x9 wheels and 295/65-18 tires on. im really confused on backspacing and offset. i would like to widen over stock, but not so much as there is major trimming needed. Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I can't help you with backspacing, but the comparison of the tire sizes are as follows: The 18's will be 1.2" taller, tread width will be virtually the same at .2" wider and sectional width (widest portion of tire) will be .5" wider. So, there is not much diff except for height. To check potential clearance issue, take a look at your current tires, and add 1/2 in any direction where they may be clearance issues (approximately 1/2 of the total diameter difference). If you currently have more than 1" clearance at all possible contact points, you should still be good to go with the new tires/wheels if the backspacing is the same. Most good tire shops will mount a tire and wheel to check for clearance if they know you are serious about buying if they clear. good luck