1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tired of having no bass...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Badbrad469, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member 100 Posts

...so, these will be going in tomorrow:glasses:

Attached Files:

2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice setup! I keep mine in my truck just so I can out blast the high school kids with my country music.
  3. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice! That will cure your bass issues for sure!
  4. jmonte3

jmonte3 New Member 100 Posts

nice setup, i've pretty much got the same thing with pioneer avic d3 deck
    solo barics hit pretty hard, mine are under powered too(will be fixing soon)
  5. blueZ71

blueZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Where else did you plan on keeping them?
  6. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

very good, but to you have the rebuild kit for when they blow? thats right, i said when they blow. solo barics are built to blow, but they do hav tons and tons of sound
  7. Badbrad469

finished installing...can't wait to drive around with them. deffinetly cured my disease. if i blow them i'll just buy more or the l7's. amp is pushing the right wattage rms and have it tuned so there's no real distortion. each speaker is seeing 600 watts.
  8. StillMatic

StillMatic New Member 100 Posts

LOL, I was wondering the same thing. if you have to keep taking your box in and out of the truck every night, it's not even worth owning.
  9. StillMatic

StillMatic New Member 100 Posts

The re-cone kit is a nice option for speakers that are blown, but for my money, the l7 is a higher wattage speaker. If you have your amp pushing the l5's under their maximum rms wattage, then you should be fine and not have to worry about blowing them. I just ordered some 12 inch JL audio w7's and I'm waiting for them to come now.
  10. Badbrad469

my amp i'm using pushes 1200 watts rms. so, since the subs can handle 600 per, i'm right at the threshold :)