1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TIRES....and wheels

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by thecanman, May 20, 2008.

1. thecanman

thecanman New Member

i'm looking to get wheels and tires, i have a 2005 z71 ext cab i searched on the forum but could not find a direct answer since there is so many different models

does anyone know the largest possible size tire i can put on my car without it rubbing (and without lifting my truck)? i figured out 35's are good but can i go bigger? and what kind of offset would help?

much appreciated!
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

the 35" might rub and might not goto a les swab and see what sizes they offer to fit. but most cases 33" are the biggest on most trucks...mike
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

on your truck I would say you should go with a 285/75R16 or a 285/70R17 ( not sure what size rims you have ) on stock rims but they are about a 33/11.5 inch tire. what size aftermarket rims are you looking to get?? and what size rims do you have now??
  4. black jack

black jack New Member

i put a leveling kit on my 05 av and when i bought rims for it i had asked about offset what was told to me is that unless you put a suspesion lift then you would need a dif. offset then what is stock. as for size if you level it you should be able to put 33x12.5r17(29570r17 0r 305/70r17) under with out any rub.