TIRES....and wheels

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by thecanman, May 20, 2008.

1. thecanman

thecanman New Member

i'm looking to get wheels and tires, i have a 2005 z71 ext cab i searched on the forum but could not find a direct answer since there is so many different models

does anyone know the largest possible size tire i can put on my car without it rubbing (and without lifting my truck)? i figured out 35's are good but can i go bigger? and what kind of offset would help?

much appreciated!

2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

the 35" might rub and might not goto a les swab and see what sizes they offer to fit. but most cases 33" are the biggest on most trucks...mike

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on your truck I would say you should go with a 285/75R16 or a 285/70R17 ( not sure what size rims you have ) on stock rims but they are about a 33/11.5 inch tire. what size aftermarket rims are you looking to get?? and what size rims do you have now??

4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i put a leveling kit on my 05 av and when i bought rims for it i had asked about offset what was told to me is that unless you put a suspesion lift then you would need a dif. offset then what is stock. as for size if you level it you should be able to put 33x12.5r17(29570r17 0r 305/70r17) under with out any rub.