Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tires for a 98' Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 1998SilveradoGuy92, Feb 7, 2010.

1. 1998SilveradoGuy92

1998SilveradoGuy92 New Member

Hey guys im kinda knew to the Truck forum world but im looking to get started. Ive got a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 350 K with stock everything. Ive just finished putting AMSoil synthetic oil in it because it only has just over 100,000 miles on it. Ive just bought a glass pack exhaust system that im in the process of putting on. I just need to finish the welding and it will be complete.I plan to take off the running boards and throw a 1-3" lift kit to raise my truck up, but for now im just looking to get some new tires for my truck. The old ones still have half tread but are starting to popcorn and run bare. Does anyone have any suggestions for good solid tires that will work for both highway and off-road?? I need them to travel from my college in Iowa to my house in Minnesota and to my Farm in Illinois but i also need them to work well in pretty rough conditions while working on my farm or driving through the snow up north. Any suggestions would be great!!
    Thanks,
    Nate

2. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

general grabber at2 or goodyear wrangler. another good one is bfg comercial traction t/a

3. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

you cant go wrong with Any BFG's

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

BFG AT suck, i hate mine, the suck even more in snow. going with dunlup maxx traction M/T

5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site....take a look at Toyo AT's

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Michelins for the ride. General Grabbers have been rated pretty high. The Toyos and Coopers are supposed to be good, also.

7. Okimaw

Okimaw Rockstar

Welcome. I travel in much the same kind of conditions as you are. We have some real snow and storms here and I travel on the highway in all conditions in northern Canada. I have a 97 Sierra and have the Gooodyear Wrangler Authority on thtruck for 3 months now and they do the trick in all driving conditions but are a tad loud on pavement but for that aggressive a tire not too bad

8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!

9. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

those bfg commercial t/a is good for at least 60k miles, if not 80k. nice looking tread too[​IMG]

10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!