1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires for plowing snow.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by RAV52202, Mar 2, 2012.

1. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

What tires do you guys use for plowing snow? DO you like them or not? How do they last? Just looking for ideas on some snow tires and wanted to know what people liked. Thanks for any info.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

used Yokohamas ats vey good wear and excellent traction with out chains
  3. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

I have a 2wd truck with bfg all terrains and we got some ice/snow last winter and they got me up a couple steep hills by my house. but what do i know about now, i live in alabama... The wear is very good so far. They look great and i recommend them.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts

Bridgestone Blizzak W965's are rated the best for snow and ice.
    blizzak_w965.jpg
  5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor

We use the Toyo open country and they do the job better then most, thats pushing a 96" front plow, they hold the road and push with traction, or towing...
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

I like the goodyear wrangler silent armor for my plow truck, i just bought two of the new goodyear ultra grip ICE WRT LT for the rear. guy at work has them on his plow truck and he swears by them.