Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tires - Michelin LTX Winter

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Jamm3r, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Before Christmas I got a set of Michelin LTX Winter tires for da 'burb in 245/75-16 E.

There isn't much selection in load range E winter tires. I suppose the Blizzaks are probably just as good.

It's too early to tell for sure but so far these seem to have better ice and snow traction than the all-season tires I ran last year. I have become a believer in winter tires and have extra rims for them. I have Michelin x-ice3s on my daily driver and it has made a substantial difference, which is to say you get very little traction on bad icy roads rather than no traction at all. One bad crash pays for a lifetime of winter tires.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did not know that Michelin made a LTX winter. I have always run the LTX MS with no issues. I searched the LTX winter and the tread pattern looks the same as the M/S. Are they just a softer rubber?

3. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

It's supposed to be a softer rubber, yes. Also, they are a little more heavily siped.

I'm running LTX AT2s in the summer, which have very little siping, and a more open tread suitable for playing in the mud.