1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires on a 1999 suburban?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by janikphoto, Aug 13, 2011.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I've done the search and I have found:

a.) you won't be happy going any bigger with your tires than stock.
    b.) a bunch of info on the 2000-current suburban tire options.
    c.) info not really relating to tire options at all.

So, what am I missing in my search? Where is all the good info on tire options (going a little bigger, but not much) for my 1999 Suburban? I believe stock on my 4x4 is 255/70 16, correct? The vehicle I just bought has 265/75 16's on it. It looks like they rub a bit on tight turns, but they do fit. Since these tires are toast, I have the option of going back to stock or getting something different. So, help direct me to the info I'm obviously missing, please...
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Look at the label in drivers doorway. It's either on the edge of the door by latch, or inside the jamb. It will tell you what the truck came with for tires. Probably 245/16 or 265/16. Either size, or something in between will be fine. I run 235/85 in my 96 Tahoe. About the same height as 285/75, but narrow for better economy and snow performance
  3. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I put Michelin LTX2s on my 01 burb 4x4 and I love them! 245/16
  4. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I like the sound of that! I want the height that I'm getting with these 285/75 tires, but they do rub at full lock and they sure feel sluggish and heavy. I'm gonna look into your idea. You have any good picks of them on your vehicle?