1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires on an 07: How big can I go without a lift?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Moof, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Moof

Moof Member

The factory 245/70R17's are ok for what they are, but they aren't proportionate to the wheel gap.

Now there's an '05 outside without a lift, and he's sporting 265/75 tires, and they look absolutely mean. Are there any dimension differences between the 2 body styles that wold restrict me from going that big? Or can I go bigger?

Truck in question is an 07 Sierra RC/LB

I've read the stickies, but they do not help with the size tire I'm looking for. I'm running on the factory rims, and i don't know their width.

Someone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you should be able to go up to a 285/70R17. Do a search, this question gets asked a lot :great:
  3. Moof

Moof Member

285/70? HOLY HELL that's a wide tire lol.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  4. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

285s aren't that wide man. what style cab do you have? single, ext, or 4 door? i have no lift on mine and no trimming and i have 33.5" with no scrubbing. ( i have an 04 4x4). but you should be able to fit 285s with no problem, a friend of mine has that size on his 07 and they look pretty good and cause no problems
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Its only about a 33" tall by 11.3" wide tire. your stock ones are about a 31/10.
  6. DODiF

DODiF New Member

What about for 18's?? I have an 07 2WD single cab?? I've tried all the stickies as well, but I'm tire retarded. Just wondering what's the biggest I can go without problems as well. :no: