Tires on an 07: How big can I go without a lift?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Moof, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Moof

Moof Member

The factory 245/70R17's are ok for what they are, but they aren't proportionate to the wheel gap.

Now there's an '05 outside without a lift, and he's sporting 265/75 tires, and they look absolutely mean. Are there any dimension differences between the 2 body styles that wold restrict me from going that big? Or can I go bigger?

Truck in question is an 07 Sierra RC/LB

I've read the stickies, but they do not help with the size tire I'm looking for. I'm running on the factory rims, and i don't know their width.

Someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you should be able to go up to a 285/70R17. Do a search, this question gets asked a lot :great:

3. Moof

Moof Member

285/70? HOLY HELL that's a wide tire lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  4. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

285s aren't that wide man. what style cab do you have? single, ext, or 4 door? i have no lift on mine and no trimming and i have 33.5" with no scrubbing. ( i have an 04 4x4). but you should be able to fit 285s with no problem, a friend of mine has that size on his 07 and they look pretty good and cause no problems

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Its only about a 33" tall by 11.3" wide tire. your stock ones are about a 31/10.

6. DODiF

DODiF New Member

What about for 18's?? I have an 07 2WD single cab?? I've tried all the stickies as well, but I'm tire retarded. Just wondering what's the biggest I can go without problems as well. :no: