Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tires squealing when turning.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cheez, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

So as my tires are wearing a little more, I've noticed they like to screech a lot more when I make a hard, low speed turn. They usually only do this when turning from a dead stop or less than 10 mph (parking lot turns). I just have the stock Goodyear LS-2 275/55R20 on. They're the same tires from when I bought the wheels. I'm starting to feel like the tires may be a bit too wide for my truck to handle. I know there are a couple members on here with OEM take offs on trucks similar to mine. Do you guys do this?

I think when it comes time to purchase new tires, I will go down a couple sizes in height for performance.

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had a 235/75/15 Uniroyal TigerPaw as a spare that did the same thing on my old 97. Never really figured out why though

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Mine are only a little off from yours (Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17) Mine do not make any noise unless I make them make noise.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Could be an alignment issue, could be castor or camber are off a little, or it could simply be that those tires got a little stickier as they got older and worn.
    An alignment check will delete the suspension from the equation.

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

I was thinking that. They're wearing pretty evenly so I don't think I'm going to worry about getting it looked at. I think I'm just going to side with they got sticker.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you havent already tried it rotate them, might help to get a little more mileage out of them.

7. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I've got the exact same tires. Only 2,000 miles on them and they do it too. My 05 did the same thing on 17's, I never figured out why either.

8. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah, they've been rotated twice since I put them on the truck. They're wearing fairly even so I'm not worried.

It's good to hear I'm not the only one. I guess it's just the tread pattern of the LS-2 or something...?

9. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm not sure. All of my front suspension seems fine. No alignment issues or anything at all. I'm switching to Nitto's in a couple of months when I get new wheels...so we'll see what happens.

10. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I noticed tires screech with hot temps and on parking lots with coating/sealer