1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires squealing when turning.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Cheez, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member

Like with what jnbama said, the asphalt in the parking lots have a coating on them that makes even the slowest, easiest turn sound
    like the driver is drifting into a parking spot LOL. It is also summer, so you could practically cook an egg on the pavement and it is slick. I remember
    on an old episode on television where Dane Cook is talking about tire squealing while parking. But back to the concern, if you are not sure about the
    tire size, check your owner's manual. It should say what it is acceptable for tire sizes. There is usually a specified range of acceptable sizes.
    I've also heard that tire pressure could possibly cause squealing. Hope this helps...
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Cheez, I'm running the same size tire you are and I too am having the same issue. Never thought about it too much until I read this thread. You are definitely not the only one who this is happening to.
  3. Cheez

Cheez Member

I'm starting to think it's just these tires. I priced them and they're not exactly top of the line. I've had tires do this before in parking lots at slow speeds, andI didn't think anything of that. These are squealing at 35 mph turns. That just seems odd...
  4. skullblaster

skullblaster New Member

Our '93 Chevy squeals when turning as well. We do have a couple front end issues, and tire ware can cause some noise. My wife works at a Les Schwab Tire Center, as a tire tech, and thinks tire size, and alignment could be contributing factors to the noise.
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My stock Eagle LS2s started doing this as well. I think it may be partly due to the tread wearing down, but may also be due to the heat. They squeal on the driveway, which we just redid, and the parking garage. I'll probably replace them this Fall anyway for a slightly more aggressive tread for the beach and snow.
  6. Cheez

Cheez Member

I'm starting to think the tire is a lot of the issue. I mean the LS2's aren't the most expensive tire in the world.
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Could be. It could also be that they're almost 11 inches wide, although I haven't heard any others complain of squealing with their aftermarket tires. Are you considering new tires yet?
  8. Cheez

Cheez Member

I'll be considering in the next 8,000-10,000 miles. Wear is another thing I'm not too impressed with out of these tires. It's not terrible but I've definitely seen better! I'm thinking of dropping down to a smaller sidewall too. They're a tad too tall as it sits now.
  9. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I think thats the first time on a truck forum where I've heard somebody saying they want to drop down a tire size! lol