1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tires Tires Tires....such a hard decision!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jdennis44, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

Simple Question. I won't be going over the 285/33" tire size so whats everyone's opinion and why? BFG A/T, Nitto Trail Grappler, Toyo Open Country MT, or any other AT tire? I can't seem to find any that imprewss me and the only reason the BFG A/T is listed as choices is because I have had 2 sets that i put over 60k miles on. Little info...Most of my driving is highway/city but during deer/duck and turkey season I need a little more than just a high way tire. All feed back is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

An AT is likely most appropriate for your needs as you're largely on pavement and very occasionally off road.
  3. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would agree Surreal I know you aren't one for the BFG company so what AT would you go with? Just curious.
  4. greywolf11

greywolf11 New Member

Have you taken a look at Cooper AT3's? I have them on my truck. Great traction. Quiet. Competitively priced.

18273.jpg
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

• Cooper Discoverer AT/3's are decent, quiet, wear well, but are relatively plain jane.
    • Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX's are great off-road tires that sacrifice some treadwear, noise, and wet handling (but handle about as well as the AT/3's in the dry). They're spendier than the AT/3's...
    • Interco Tire's TrXus STS's are very aggresive looking ... and made in the good ole' U.S. of A, too.
    • General Tire's Grabber and Grabber AT2 are two more U.S.-based options and are often competitively priced. Some love them, some hate them.
    • Goodyear's Wrangler Duratracs get decent marks, too. Also U.S.-based.
    • Toyo Open Country A/T's get solid reviews (Toyo's a Japanese company)
    • Nitto (Toyo's other brand) Terra Grapplers also get solid reviews.
  6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I like my dick cepek's... their wearing like steel... and handle awesome. Ive had both the mud country and FC II's.... got ~40k out of the mud country and currently have ~12k on the FC II's.
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I might add to the list the maybe the m16 from super swamper. Maybe a little more agressive than what you are looking for. I was torn when I bought my tires between the truxus m/t's I bought and those.