tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stockchevy1983, Aug 23, 2007.

1. right now i have 31/10.5/15 on my 2wd 98 yukon. i wanna get a lil bit beefier stance, so i did a comparison and thier about the same as a 265/75/15, what size tire would i be able to run with out rubbing issues, especially for turning, would i be able to fit a 295 tires all around or no?and if i went that size how big should the sidewall be, 60 series or what, i want the beefy look

2. this is what they look like now

[​IMG]

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm interested in doing the same thing on my Suburban. By the way, how do you like them Michelin LTX M/S tires. I love mine, nice and smooth ride, but at 150 a tire mounted, it hurts to put them on. I have yet to change my tires, but I need to b/c my existing tires are dry-rotting from not being driven enough. :grrrrrr: Oh well, I'm going to find me some RV tire covers to put on the truck when I put my new tires on to protect them. But, if I can stick bigger tires on the truck with the stock rims, I just may.

4. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 95 2500 Suburban, stock suspension and the largest tire that fit the front end radius was a 265. I wanted to swap out the tires on my 86, but they would not fit, the front fender radius was too narrow.

Just my experience.

5. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I put some 285/75/16's on my 99 4wd Suburban and had no rubbing issues at all. Not sure if the 2wd's would be the same though.

[​IMG]

6. yea this was my brothers truck and the tires have been on for about 5 years now, showing some dry rot around the edge of the tread so im starting to browse for tires to get in the fall, if i can im looking into the 275/60sr15 firestone firehawk indy 500 tires, they look very nice and have very nice ratings, im pretty sure they will fit cuz my 31/10.5 tires and equivalent to 265/75/15's

7. with my wheel at full lock i still dont rub so i think i might be able to go bigger not sure

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Blast from the past time.