1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok I'm looking for a good 31-32" for a 17" rim 10ply mud terrain/mud grip tire for my truck and I thought I'd see what y'all have had luck with I got the mud grabblers on it now and I've seen all the main brand and I'm looking for something a lil cheaper any suggestions
  2. Red Green

Red Green New Member

I have been using Cooper AT3's on my truck for about 4 months and love them. They may not be as aggressive of a tread as you want, but they are quite on the pavement. They have really good grip in snow and rain. They are used quite a bit on gravel roads and have not had any problems.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had a set of Dean Mud Terrains that went almost 70,000 miles before they were too bald to use. They weren't too loud, had really good even wear and weren't half bad in snow/rain/mud. I would recommend them to anybody!
  4. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was looking at some coopers I think they were the stt though
  5. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

I have had bfg all terrains for about 10,000 miles and they get my 2wd through some pretty thick mud. The tread has held up fine and i would definitly reccommend them. plus they look great.
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm running kelley fierce attitude m/t right now and like them! They were one the cheapest tires I can find and look pretty cool to. I get a lot of comments. I have 40,000 miles on my set right now and probably have another 15,20 thousands miles left in them.

FIERCE_ATTITUDE002.jpg
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Federal Couragia federal%20tire.jpg

Hercules Trail Digger trail-digger-mt.jpg
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hankook has some MTs that are rated pretty well and light on the wallet. It's worth at least a look. I got the ATs for my truck and I have 20" wheels and they were just over 200 each. That was less than half the price for the BFGs.

I'm also planning to get a lift next year, so I'll pay for the tires I want at that time. For now I just wanted something that will keep my wife safe while I'm out of the country.