1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TLC Total Load Control Product Review

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by Jaele, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

The following is a review for the TLC(Total Load Control) for a Chevy Silverado.

The product can be found here: http://www.totalloadcontrolsuspensions.com/tlcforfordLSRA-150250-4-1.aspx

Disclaimer: This product was not given to me, I purchased it. I am not receiving anything in return for writing this review.

Okay now with the review.

This is the first type of airbag system I have installed/used so I do not have anything to compare it to except the stock truck.

Reason for purchase:
    My wife and I recently purchased a 26 travel trailer and when hooked up to the truck I noticed it needed a little help in the rear. After doing a bit a research I decided on the TLC do to the main fact that the bags work together and not separate like most other systems.

Vehicle:
    2011 Silverado 1500 4x4 Z71 package
    2inch RC leveling kit in the front all other suspension is stock.

Installation:
    It took less than 20 minutes per side. You remove the axle bumper from the frame and install. It’s very straight forward. They include installation instructions with pictures and a detailed breakdown. Currently I do not have an on board air compressor.
    Only complaint I have for installation is the position of the right side emergency break cable, its path is right where the bracket goes.
    Pictures are to follow this review.

Observation:
    The ride with the TLC is like night and day, especially when I am towing. Without a trailer I inflated the airbags to 7psi, this lifted the rear of the truck less than one inch. With only 7psi it virtually eliminated body roll in the turns, and smoothed out most of the bumps even though you felt them in the front of the truck. The handling of the truck only improved and I felt like I had more control while driving.
    With the trailer attached it took about 20psi to get it leveled. The ride again was night and day. When driving over bumps and pot holes the bucking (trailer bounce with ripple effect, not sure how else to describe it) was stop in it tracks. The breaking was also improved with the TLC do to the fact that more weight was shifted back to the front of the vehicle.

Overview:
    I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a smoother ride, even those who do not tow or haul anything. The customer service at TLC is superb they went above and beyond what is required. I ordered the product over a holiday weekend and the following Tuesday I emailed them asking if I could get it by Thursday (I was leaving Friday morning for trip with trailer).
    Vern and his lovely wife Diana offered to meet me half way and hand deliver their product to me. They are located about 3.5-4hr drive time from me. We had a nice talk and then I was on my way. Went right home and installed it that night.
    TLCinstall1.jpg

TLCinstall2.jpg

TLCinstall3.jpg

TLCinstall4.jpg

TLCinstall5Lt.jpg

TLCinstall5Rt.jpg

TLCinstall6.jpg

TLCinstall7.jpg

TLCinstall8.jpg

TLCinstall9.jpg

TLCinstall10.jpg
  2. CKNSLS

CKNSLS New Member 100 Posts

To each his own I guess. I towed a 29 foot 5,500 pound travel trailer 8,000 miles in 8 months with my 2011-Crew Cab w/the 5.3 and it was completely stock.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am sure that @Jaele had a much more enjoyable and less stressful ride than you did.
  4. CKNSLS

CKNSLS New Member 100 Posts

I had no stress in 8,000 miles traveling around the country...I was on vacation.
  5. zuki82

zuki82 New Member 100 Posts

I'm glad its working for you! Personally, I would have tried to get it to mount more under the frame rails! That's just me!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nice write up and review.
  7. zuki82

zuki82 New Member 100 Posts

Yes, it is a good write up! And good pics,too!