to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Burden33, May 15, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys just finish talking to my buddy and he had installed the alpine w910 ina tahoe a couple weeks ago and he got to swap it out for a different modle since it wont power up sirus and he got a likfe time subsrciption anyways he did a quote fo me saying i wont get better for this deck anywhere else and everything installed came to $1800 dollars is it worth that muc or should i go with the pioneer 8400bh

2. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Don't know about prices, but I do hear a couple of things about that Alpine. Some say it is a little slow. I don't know anything about the Pioneer.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You could buy a brand new Alpine INA-W910 for $1049.99 from Crutchfield. They want $750 dollars to install the head unit ... and they're charging you for a brand new one? Or are they charging you less than the cost for a brand new one ... and raping you even more on the installation of the head unit???

Sounds like a sucker deal, to me. Google is your friend.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What are you looking for?

5. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well there you go. lol

6. Burden33

right now it is in a customers truck but getting swapped for another one he says brand new from them is like 1600 and he is going to give me just the deck for 880 and 750 roughly for labor to install it and all the parts i need for it. Also the pac from them for my chime steering wheel controls and onstar is $330 is there anywhere i can find it for cheaper. or should i just scrap the aolpine and go with the pioneer 8500BT for 699 i can get it online for around 572

7. SurrealOne

The steering wheel control module is usually one device ... and the wiring harness with chime interface is usually another, separate device.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Still sounds a bit much..

9. SurrealOne

I agree ... but he's in Canada ... so it's going to be more than we're used to in the USA. The current conversion rate is 0.9955 US dollars for 1.0 Canadian dollar. Then there's inflation in Canada ... as their dollars buy less than US dollars so they need more of them to buy the same things we buy.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. Burden33

see this is why i hate canada :(but i dont need the nav in my truck since i wont be leaveing town much and if i do i got my onstar so would some like the pioneer 4400bh be better and anyone know where i can find the steering wheel interface and the chime interface online

Last edited: May 15, 2012