1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To drop or not to drop????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chevysilverado05, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Chevysilverado05

Chevysilverado05 New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into doing some suspension work on my truck. I drive an 05 silverado regular cab, it has the chrome 17 inch factory wheels, the question is should I drop it on the stock wheels or would it look "funny"? Please someone post pics if this has been done or should I wait till I get rims? thanks in advance for any replies
  2. shurshot

shurshot New Member 100 Posts

First welcome to the site! Second if you want to drop your truck then most people will recommend you put the wheels & Tires on first then you can drop to fit. I did the opposite and droped my 02 on factory wheels because I could not afford the wheels first. It did look funny for a while but when I put my wheels on it was sweet! Just do your home work and make sure you wont have clearance problems.

Good Luck!
  3. Chevysilverado05

Thanks man for the reply, I'm in the same situation I can't afford the wheels I want yet gotta save up! I'm planning on putting 22's on it and I want the fenders and bed to be about right on top of the tires, but still have some travel when I hit bumps and stuff. Another question would be to put drop shackels on the back or a flip kit? As for the front I think the only options are drop spindles? Thanks again for the help
  4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

how low do you plan on going? and make sure that is what you want, i have changed my mind from just a 2 rear, to a 1/3, 2/4,3/4,2/3, and now im pretty sure i want a 4/6
  5. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy New Member 100 Posts

well i wuld drop it first cause it seems to me like then you wuld have a better idea of wat size wheels and tires wuld clear it properly.
    but then again wat do i know? i lifted my truck lol
  6. Chevysilverado05

Thanks for the advice guys, I plan on putting 22 inch wheels on the truck and want the fenderwells to be right on top of the tires, with some room for the tires to bounce up in the fenderwells when I hit a bump or something I'm gonna have some low profile tires but no too low profile. Thanks again guys keep em coming this really influences my decision
  7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

lowered trucks on stocks look sexy.

[​IMG]
  8. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Personal Truck

I have an '01 S10 that is stock height right now because of the work that I do with, along with the camping and other stuff it faces. When I was in Hawaii earlier this year, I saw quite a few trucks with stock wheels and tires on lowered supensions, and I think they look really good.

Attached Files:

9. phatboy69

phatboy69 New Member

Welcome to the site bud, I just put 22's on mine with only a BellTech2" shackle drop I bought at the local O'Reilys. I think it has the perfect stance for looks and comfort of ride.
  10. Chevysilverado05

So many options...... phatboy69 how much did that belltech shackle kit set you back? And 2tone04 nice truck you got it sittin about were I would want mine mabey a little higher for clearence. That's also how I plan on painting my truck 2 tone like that Thanks to everyone for the replies!