To drop or not to drop...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Custom04Chevy, Sep 23, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy New Member 100 Posts

I'm thinking about dropping my truck a couple more inches. I like the way it looks now, but there is still quite a bit of clearance between the wheel well and the tire. I think it would look better, but I don't know for sure. What do ya'll think?

Attached Files:

2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think it looks good now. But, it is a never ending spiral when you start down: larger wheel//tires - lower; larger wheels//tires - lower; etc.
  3. shurshot

shurshot New Member 100 Posts

I am with retired2001, I think it looks great now. In ALL things too much of a good thing is bad! With that said it is simply a matter of preference and trade offs, ride quality and clearance vs looks...

You are the ultimate judge & will have to live with what you decide, so again it is up to you!

Good Luck!
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

I say drop it and sell my your old drop if itll fit on my truck. For real tho you have to much space or to small of tires . I made the same mistake the first time.
  5. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member 100 Posts

get bigget rims or drop it dont drop it too much cuase i made the mistake of droping mine 4 /7 and now the axle hits the frame
  6. dshewy14

dshewy14 New Member 100 Posts

if i were you id leave it alone it looks good as is.
  7. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member 100 Posts

This is a question that I have struggled with as well. So far i haven't dropped at all but thats only because I was considering a leveling kit as well. You obviously want a muscle truck look so I would just get larger rim/tires.

By the way, No racing stripes on the tail gate?
  8. Custom04Chevy

I think I'm just going to get bigger rims and tires next time I need new tires. It'll be awhile, cause I just got the ones that are on there now.

The truck had the stripes on the hood when I bought it. for some reason, the previous owner didn't want them I guess.:neutral:
  9. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member 100 Posts

yeah just leave it as is

looks good the way it is and also you will still be able to drive it in the winter :D
  10. Custom04Chevy

:rofl:
    :lol:Drive it in the winter....that was never a concern here in Texas. The thought never crossed my mind. We get, what we call snow, maybe twice a year.