To drop or not to drop...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Custom04Chevy, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinking about dropping my truck a couple more inches. I like the way it looks now, but there is still quite a bit of clearance between the wheel well and the tire. I think it would look better, but I don't know for sure. What do ya'll think?

Attached Files:

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think it looks good now. But, it is a never ending spiral when you start down: larger wheel//tires - lower; larger wheels//tires - lower; etc.

3. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

I am with retired2001, I think it looks great now. In ALL things too much of a good thing is bad! With that said it is simply a matter of preference and trade offs, ride quality and clearance vs looks...

You are the ultimate judge & will have to live with what you decide, so again it is up to you!

Good Luck!

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I say drop it and sell my your old drop if itll fit on my truck. For real tho you have to much space or to small of tires . I made the same mistake the first time.

5. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

get bigget rims or drop it dont drop it too much cuase i made the mistake of droping mine 4 /7 and now the axle hits the frame

6. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

if i were you id leave it alone it looks good as is.

7. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

This is a question that I have struggled with as well. So far i haven't dropped at all but thats only because I was considering a leveling kit as well. You obviously want a muscle truck look so I would just get larger rim/tires.

By the way, No racing stripes on the tail gate?

8. Custom04Chevy

I think I'm just going to get bigger rims and tires next time I need new tires. It'll be awhile, cause I just got the ones that are on there now.

The truck had the stripes on the hood when I bought it. for some reason, the previous owner didn't want them I guess.:neutral:

9. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah just leave it as is

looks good the way it is and also you will still be able to drive it in the winter :D

10. Custom04Chevy

:rofl:
    :lol:Drive it in the winter....that was never a concern here in Texas. The thought never crossed my mind. We get, what we call snow, maybe twice a year.