Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

to get or not to get ~ Remington Model 770

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by starsilverado, Apr 12, 2011.

1. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

Thinking about purchasing a Remington Model 770 in .243 caliber for my wife who has caught the hunting bug and needs a rifle in this lenth and weight range to feel more comfortable.

anyone have any comments pro or con on this rifle??????

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that would be a great starter hunting rifle. I have the 710 in a 30-06 and love it. A lot of people dont like the 710/770 because of the bolt action, but I have had zero issues with mine. For the price of a 770 I dont see how you can go wrong.

3. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

i think that is a great gun for ladies. hec for anybody i have one and i just bought my girlfriend one in november. and in reality guns are like trucks(its all personal preference). i love Remington therefore i see no cons to them but to each is own. i think it would be a great purchase! good luck on your decision!

4. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like a great piece to me

5. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well, I gotta put my opinion into this thread. Being a female law enforcement officer, avid firearm range visitor and all around gun lover, I have the Remington 870. Well, I have more than that, but that is my favorite firearm. It loads easy, cause it is bottom loading with side ejecting receiver. Great for taking to the range, I dont hunt, but friends of mine do, and they love it..and we can all agree best shot gun for the money and model. They make hundreds of variations and about 15 models of rifle-shotguns. Anything from Remington you buy, will be a great purchase. They are reliable, easy-loading, fun to play with firearms. Your wife is lucky that you are buying her one, she will enjoy it. Good luck!!

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i would recomend a 700 over the 710/770.

the 700 does cost more, but its the action the military uses :-D

the 770 was a cheaper design, and over time itll show it, i have a 700 in 25-06. love it, shoots flat cycles nice, good all around gun.

mine is full synthetic with a camo stock and was around 550 new.

Alex

7. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for the replies. She got the 770. After looking at some Savages and Mossbergs she picked the 770 . like some of the replies the only negative I could find in reviews was on the action. This is not going to be a target or plinking piece so it should not be an issue. We are looking forward to sighting it in soon. So the first shot will get the job done and the bolt will not be an issue