Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

To Line - X or Not To Line - X

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by dennisshipman, Aug 2, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Eh, I was basing that off the price I paid when I got mine done. But, that was back in 2001 and I haven't needed to price a bed liner since. The demand for spray-on liners has certainly increased and, like everything else, the price has gone up significantly.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can say that again! EVERYTHING has gone up. Just making sure TX didnt have the deal of a life time on Line-X :)

3. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

Most bedliner products are petroleum based, so you can thank your favorite sheik for the price increases. :lol:

4. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

Do the prep before taking them to the shop. In that way, you can save a few bucks.

5. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

Probably not, the shop is going to prep the substrate their way. However, you will save money by doing some other labor. For example, if you want a bumper sprayed, remove the bumper yourself and take it to the dealer. Otherwise, the dealer will probably charge you to remove and reinstall the bumper.

6. McClintoc

I was just going through all my old truck-related receipts at home. I was looking for the receipt for the very first time I purchased tires for my truck. I came across the receipt for my bed-liner. Keep in mind, this was back in late 2001 but I got my "over the rail" Line-X bed-liner for $351.81 including tax. :)

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is CRAZY! Mine was done Spring of '11 and was $500 over the rail. Demand or inflation or maybe combo of both?

8. McClintoc

I suspect spray-in bed liners have some petroleum products in them. The cost of oil has doubled or even trippled since I got mine. Inflation is a factor as well.