Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

to program or not to program

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cobra2end, Mar 10, 2010.

1. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi I'm new love the site. I have a 1997 Gmc k 1500 with the 5.7. I love the truck. I have had it for almost 5 years. only bad things are the trans went out and had to replace intake gasket. I have used this truck for everything from getting hay to driving every day. I want to get a little more power out of it but have seen so many programmers out there not sure what to get or if i did get one if it would tear up the truck where it has a little over 150,000 miles on it. Ive been told that the ones on e-bay to stay away from to get the big 500 dollar one from hypertech. I don't want to spend that much but is it worth it to. Does anyone have one of these or one of the other programmers out there and how do you like it? Thank you for any info.