To Rally Stripe or not to Rally Stripe

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Jun 11, 2009.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I do not want to lose the "clean" look of the truck - I like rally stripes but I am dont to make the truck look Mojado-ish as they say here in Tucson.:lol:

And if you have ever seen the trucks that come up from Sonora Mexico you understand what I mean...if there is a LED bulb for its been replaced or added with every Mod under the sun.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. 91shortbed

91shortbed New Member

I say no stripe

your truck looks great as is. I dont know, stripes may look good but it might look a little over done. It definitly has that clean look right now and you dont want to lose that. I dunno if stripes go with the body lines of the truck like on the hood and tailgate.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya - the more I look at the photoshop pics the more I think your right - Heck thats $350.00 for another mod!

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Actually I like the offset stripes, and I do like the color you have them in too. The reason I like it is because it is a unique design, and if you are getting those painted for $350 that is a friggin steal! I wanted to get rally stripes done on my S-10, and they wanted $1,000 for them done in metallic silver. If you did do those stripes, I think it would look cool with a dark graphite outline around the stripes. Truck looks good any way you look at it, it's my favorite GMC on this site except for maybe that slick Denali running around here. :happy:

5. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here is the idea I am thinking about for my tailgate to match my hood......just another idea, see what you think. My photoshop skills are not that good so its just a rough idea. My stripes have a 3/16" outline around the stripes and VORTEK cutouts on the hood. Let me know what ou think.

Attached Files:

6. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

By the way the "connection" across the bottom of the tailgate will be very thin......I coudnt make it any thiner with photoshop and coudnt make the thin outline stripe either...like I said "ROUGH" idea.......

7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks good as is.

but if i had to choose, 2 stripe would be better

8. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I like the single and double stripe. Be unique and go for it.

9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Do the hockey stick stipes down the side, but have them ghosted (is that a word)

10. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I like the offset ones

done in just a little darker shade than the truck color that would look good