1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To the Low life piece of trash

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No worries, I've had my (more than my share) of breakins. Cops say it's all the meth out there now, tons of people need to score quick cash for their fix ... plus lots of scum that just don't want to work either. Hope they catch them.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Riley, you need to invent a special switch that when a gun is stolen you prees a button and it blows up. Or red dye type thing like banks do with bacgs of mmoney

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Riley, we need to get a red dye thing to blow up on these jerks that rip off others, I lost a complete Dan Wesson 357 outfit and the insurance gave me enough to buy one barrel.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

that sucks dude. sorry to hear that.

Alex
  4. gear_head

gear_head Member

If you are not responsible enough to lock your doors, you should not have a weapon in your vehicle period. I get so tired of hearing people say "but we have no crime", so I don't lock my doors. Everyone everywhere has crime. Especially the communities where the people are naive enough not to even lock their vehicles. Might upset you, but I don't care. That weapon is now in the wrong hands and may hurt an innocent person.
  5. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I totally understand your anger bro. Sorry to hear about the break in, and the lost handgun.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah I understand. Its something I could have prevented. I actually do think I went to lock it but may have mistakenly hit the unlock button.

I'll call Monday for the police report. I'm seeking a replacement either Glock, or Springfield Armory or maybe even the same model since I have 3 spare 14rd mags, 2 holsters and 150 rounds left over. Good thing about them Sigmas is they are cheap but built like a tank IMO. Weapon light and adapter will have to wait though.

Oh I like the marker dye idea...I was thinking more like C4. A thief is right there on my most hated list which includes drunk drivers, and murderers.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Lambert's is closed yes but the building is still there...I live about 3 minutes from there on 431. Albany, La is about 5 miles west of Hammond and thats where it got stolen from. St Amant is starting to become a bit more crowded and more and more cars are passing by each month. My sister's ex something broke into my house in September and got my computer, camera, and about 600$...then he broke into his mom's house and made off with her tv, cash, computer, and camera...he's back in prison for the next 10 years and he'd better stay there.

But yes that Browning is probably worth 4-5x more than my pistol was.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Get a concealed pemit next time and always take it with you. Never know when you just miht be able to save someoneelse sgun by shooting a thief , only to find your gun tucked in the pants pocket of his cold dead body
  8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Lamberts gone-shame.
    So Sorrento lost that small town feel.
    Meth is a big deal in rural Louisiana, now
    Funny in metro NOLA many many kids take prescribed Dexedrine- in surprisingly high doses(I sub teach in Jefferson Parish). Mainly white kids-probably 10% of the white males in some public schools-maybe the same in catholic schools/private schools
    I wonder if the ADHD "epidemic" which started 40 years ago -has anything to do with the current meth epidemic?
    It took forever for Louisiana to become "meth friendly"-the west coast and Midwest of all places- has had a meth problem for 20 years.
    Charlie
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah meth is getting to be the fix drug of choice in Livingston and it seems more and more people are getting hooked on prescrip meds. Won't never find me doing that crap.

There is some kinda furniture little knick knack store in Lambert's now. Its been a few things in the past 5 years but no one can really get their business up. That gas station next to it got a makeover though. I say take Lambert's and turn it back into what it really is, a family oriented diner and fix that sign.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Gotta be 21 to have a CCP which I will be applying for in 339 days; day after 21st birthday.
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah "white man's cocaine" not sure why white folks seem to prefer meth- but seems that way.
    It is even worse than crack-I'm guessing it is a cheaper high-more hours high for your $$-so you can destroy yourself for less $$.
    Turns young people old in a couple of years-rough drug!

I guess the interstate killed Lamberts- bet it started in the 30's 40's when folks started traveling-then the interstate connected NOLA and BR-about 1973-and killed all the little businesses on Airline HY that catered to travelers.Maybe it could make a go of it now- if the economy improves. Crummy economy means folks don't eat out-I don't even eat fast food when we travel-just stock the ice chest with bread,apples ,oranges chocolate milk , milk, instant coffee, ham, cheese mustard butter peanut butter and hit the road- I wouldn't mind a nice diner-milkshake hamburger etc
    Charlie