TomsHHR Middle East Adventure

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TomsHHR, Nov 15, 2008.

1. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I never mentioned we encouraged him to drive that fast... I wanted to get out and walk more than once.. Lets not turn this around to be my fault. we told him enough to Slowwwwwwwwwwwwww down.
    This was a very wrong thing to do with 5 people in a car.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Oh, nonono, I didn't mean it was wrong in the least, if you are referring to my post, Tom. It's a whole other culture out there and the fact that they drive like they do.....is just interesting! I didn't mean to insinuate you were doing anything wrong by any means.

I just remember my father driving over there and having to dodge and keep his wits about him. Intersections were always interesting... I don't remember lines playing any part in how cars lined up... :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Lines, what lines? that is very true about over there like turning left from the right side of the road.. Not where I would want to drive.

I was glad the trip turned out better that what my thoughts were starting out.

4. I've been to Germany....AutoBahn ftmfw! :lol:

Anyways wow, I cant imagine seeing a Tahoe drive up beside me in a foregin country...

Did you see Mustangs?

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

glad you made it home alright!! i havnt been out of the country yet

6. Howie

Howie Rockstar

Good to see you back..

Middle easter countries arent surprising. When I was in Dubai for a visit, it was not uncommon to see tahoes and burbans zipping along.. Same with firbirds, lambos, porches... and stuff...Gas is uber cheap there.

7. ewarz

ewarz Rockstar

fuel is actually more expensive in the middle east.

8. Howie

Howie Rockstar

I would go with the 2008 version, but it has not been released yet.

I cite from pages 96 and 97 :

[media]http://www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/en-international-fuelprices-part1-2007.pdf[/media]

Saudi Arabia - 16c/l
    Kuwait - 22c/l
    UAE - 35c/l
    Egypt - 30c/l
    USA - 63c/l
    Canada - 84c/l

Im sure a few of the importing countries are paying a high rate for gas, but from what I see, most aint even sweating.

When I was in dubai, I rented a Chevy Tahoe, and it cost me around $25 bucks Canadian to fill it up from empty, including a car wash.

9. Denise

Denise Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

so thats why the cabbies drive like they do? :rofl: